Thursday, November 10, 2016

I curl up on the wood instead of the carpet
Because my aching limbs tell me I can't stay here indefinitely 
And so says my chemistry 
Lying uselessly on the kitchen table
Playing the part of the rain that causes the landslide 
Because rain would not destroy a stable foundation 
Yet my mind is a mess, so my heart found destruction 
It's not like I'd be alright if I had no chemistry 
I just might not be in the fetal position on my wooden floor
As I type this
Hunger gnaws on my stomach
Helps to distract from thoughts like
Why do I keep hearing Wonderwall on the radio?
And I hope I make a decent grade on my test tomorrow 
Also, I wonder how often she visits him at the cemetery 
Baylie better not be taking a walk by herself in this lack of sunlight
I wonder who would show up at my funeral--
I suppose by now I have defeated the purpose of my hunger
Since I write about my nagging thoughts anyway
What's the point?
It always comes back to that question
I hate to see people I love in awful situations
Especially if person a is hurting because of person b
And vice versa, mostly 
My life is a constant cycle of not being able to rescue people from their own house fires
And then attending their funerals
Believing I could have tried harder






"Because maybe
"You're gonna be the one that saves me"



He did say "maybe," didn't he?

(Another brutal thought)



No comments:

Post a Comment