Monday, June 8, 2015

Away From Me

I remember watching.  The sky above me was vast and dark, with the distant orbs of stars providing the only light.  "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" played in front of me.  In front of all of us.  I loved that movie.  I loved the people around me.  I was filled with love.  But I wanted to cry.
You were so far.  I mentally reached out, trying to find you.  Your face, your smile, your eyes floated in front of my mind.  Memories played.  Words you said.  Things you did.  You.
I had done a good job not missing you too much that week, and you were coming back the next day.  Yet, it was so hard.
The sky above me stretched on, holding both of us underneath.  I needed you there.  I needed you.  I tried reaching. I needed you.  I would've given anything to have you by my side again.  I searched the stars, I searched the sky.  But the stars are too far, and the sky's too wide.

"Dawn is coming,
"Open your eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment