Tuesday, June 16, 2015

(it hurts)

I'm sorry dear, I hate this
You know I can't portray this
But I cannot escape this
I don't think you can break this

I'm quiet and I'm falling
I hear the echoes calling
The past just won't quit following
And the memories are haunting

Every time I see you it gets harder to breathe
So here I am, silently suffocating
Why does it hurt, and why do I bleed?
What if this isn't all that it's made out to be?

I don't understand how I could be what you choose
'Cause you're too hard to come by, and too easy to lose
It's like I'm standing with arms folded, saying, "Make your move."
Waiting for you to leave me, waiting to be used

Darling, it hurts, please take it away
I'm losing you every moment of every passing day
You're always here, but you never stay
I don't want these skies to be lonely and gray

No comments:

Post a Comment