Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I never wanted to say this, kid
But if you just shut your mouth and thought about what you did
We'd have a better relationship
But you find the spots I don't feel best and hit

Yeah, I know you're hurting too
Doubting just a thing or two
But can't you see my face is blue?
We're all in pain, isn't that the truth?

Why are you so tall?
Why is Rebekah always gone?
Why is she always so stressed out,
And why do you always tell me I'm wrong?

I find it hard to breathe as it is
I know that you do too and all
But kid, we've gotta work together
Before both of us up and fall

We're lashing out because we don't know what to do
Just two middle children, me and you
Our only sanity's leaving soon
But she's basically gone already, guess somehow we knew

But if this is how you like it, kid
I'll keep going to bed crying from all the weight I've carried
And you'll keep staring into the distance
Then you'll yell and you'll mutter and find more secrets to bury

But if you find you ever need me
I'll say, "Here I am"
I won't hold all this against you
I don't think I can

No comments:

Post a Comment