Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I'm dragging my feet these days
I feel these pains every weekday
The problems I face are always the same
You'd think I learn to handle them, I think they're here to stay
I must become the lion-hearted girl
I must choose to see the good things in this world
I get through every day, but I want more than that
I'm trying so hard it makes me wanna hurl

Rebekah bought me a meaningful stuffed fox
Now I hold onto it wherever I go
I kiss it on the head as if it understands my problems
I hold it to my chest as if it has its own
But whatever gives you therapy, right?

I want to hold you all night
Not because that's what couples do
But because I need to feel your heartbeat
Because it helps me to remember mine
It helps to get me out of my mind

I'll feel better if I catch up on sleep
I'll feel better after the end of this week
I'll feel better when you come home to me
"Say whatever it takes, just don't drag your feet."

No comments:

Post a Comment