Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sweatpants.

I'm shivering tonight
Not because my house is cold
But because I'm used to your warmth
I'm used to the safety I find in your hold

One day I won't have to shiver
One day I won't care what they think about us
Because let's face it, I'm writing this here for a reason
I love them painfully dearly, but I've had quite enough

Please take my hand
And get us out of here as fast as you can
This appreciative town won't miss us
Well, they'd miss you, but let me have one selfish plan

Just for tonight.

We can build a house in the forest
And live in the trees
We could move to some city
On the other side of the country

Or we could live in that house
The one that you showed me
Surrounded by water
Sitting there perfectly

Let's go start an orphanage
I know God means so much for us
Let's go to France
And show people love

We can find an island all by ourselves
We can claim it and name it and dig our own wells
We can spend a while away from everyone else
Where I can just hold you if you want to be held



But I'm still shivering
And you are too
Let's just breathe
We'll make it through

No comments:

Post a Comment