Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday

Something about Wednesday always gets to me
'Cause every hard thing catches up to me eventually
And what better time than the middle of the week?
Today I think about how everyone forgets me

(This is really selfish)

I can't get it out of my brain
They know I love him, but they're the ones that change
Did I ever push them away?
Not even once-- but now it's not the same

I don't belong anywhere except by his side
Which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't see them all the time
Reminding me of why I cry on Wednesday nights
Hoping that I haven't hurt anyone-- all I ever do is try

I've tried and I've fought
To be enough, but I'm not
I'm pretty much gone
So I pray that I'm wrong

And I pray they'll still love me
Because morning is coming
There's another day of facing
Instead of just running

Because I would just forget about it
Forget about them, pretend I don't notice
But I still love them so much, every last bit
And it isn't my calling to give up on all this



It just hurts really bad
Especially on Wednesdays
I just remember everything
And think of everything else
And I really just hurts
It hurts, hurts, hurts






No comments:

Post a Comment