Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Yes, I Am Perfect.

I keep on looking
Back and forth
I keep on searching
But I'm not sure what for
You are a miracle for the pessimist
The rise in a slowing song
And I wasn't sure how to handle it
Especially now that you're gone 
It's like I'm living in a train wreck
Well, that is, my mind
Sorting through the damage
And dusting off what's mine
People tell me I'm the friend who smiles
A steady girl, my feet in place 
I guess I've never told them I'm 
Like the wind inside a hurricane
I'm tugged back and forth 
I fall and I fly
I'm taken for granted 
I'm closing my eyes
Needing to be needed 
Like I need to help someone 
But there's no one I can talk to
So I don't see the sun
It's an endless cycle of give and repeat
Where my time and emotions are taken from me
I'm finding it harder and harder to breathe
Because no one understands me like you do, you see
And nobody listens or gets it at all
They think I'm on top but all I do is fall
They swear that I'm perfect, and it's all I can do
To not scream my heart out and tell them the truth
I keep telling myself that I know what is real
And I don't need them to all know how I feel
They don't validate all that goes on inside
My life is not based upon what they realize
And now, I'm only talking to myself 
Because at the moment I don't have anyone else
It's hurting like crazy, but God isn't deaf
I miss you more than I can bear, and it's not over yet

No comments:

Post a Comment