Saturday, August 20, 2016

I watch the TV turn off
Another movie is gone
And I am left with my thoughts
Just as I was in the first place
I wish it all didn't hurt
Seeing him, losing her
But that's the way that life works
Kicks you smack in the face
I know there's gotta be
Purpose eventually
He's up behind the scenes
But how it kills in the meantime
I put my hand to my chest
And it came back all red
I pull words out of my head
And this is what they sound like
She's got a few boxes
That I keep in my closet
I know all the contents
So tonight I just wept
And I'll say, "Nah, I don't care
"I was already prepared,"
But I'll have had nightmares
Since the day that she left
Don't know what I'll do without her
Though I've already lost her
But I do know it sure hurts
I just hope nobody listens
'Cause I don't know how to grow
And I don't what how this goes
And I don't know how to hope
I just know that I miss him
I hope he'll be okay
Just do that for me, dear
Till we can cry in each other's arms again
Try to believe that I love you
I don't know how to cope
Somebody throw me a bone
I try it all on my own
Help me, God, to give you
All the pain in my chest
Every fear in my head
Only You give me rest
That's my one truth
Because I toss and I turn
And worry till I about burst
I guess that I just don't learn
This is the hard way
I wish that I could move on
I hope one day I'll be strong
I've needed You all along
One thing that won't change
Because the tension is sharp
And it gets through to my heart
Now everybody is scarred
And I'm bleeding
Mountains grow in my throat
And my hands have gone cold
Jesus Christ, You alone
Keep me breathing











No comments:

Post a Comment