Thursday, August 11, 2016

Time

"Just go to sleep, just go to sleep"
But I don't wanna have bad dreams
They're crawling up and down my sheets
Waiting for a chance to get me 

There are jars full of notes on my sister's desk
There are lumps in my throat and thorns in my chest
They give me a speech and say it's all for the best
But I wasn't listening for the rest

I'm lying here tearing down the visions in my mind
Of how it would be if we gave it some time
Maybe one day time will heal something, but not tonight
So now we just focus on staying alive

There's a note in my journal left by someone
It says that I helped her and she loves me so much
Well if you love me, then why did you run?
But it's not fair to ask that, so I just write it once

Sometimes I'm still crying in the corner of the tree house
Sitting next to you and wondering why
Gravity's merciless, hearts are confusing
And nothing stands the test of time

One day I hope you believe that you mean more to me
Than the hugs that you give and when you tell me I'm pretty
Maybe it'll hit you, maybe you'll see
You're a beautiful puzzle, and I love every piece
















No comments:

Post a Comment